Last Updated on
“Sometimes a giant dude is just gonna grab your wrist, pin it to the floor, and Americana you.
There will be nothing you can do.”u/RCAF_orwhatever’s coach
This guide is given to every ultraheavy weight by their coach when they start BJJ… or at least should be…
- The Scissor Sweep is your friend
- Knee-on-Belly is Knee-on-Soul
- Never Pull Guard, it kills puppies and your chances won’t bode well for you. Bad Judo and Wrestling are the only options
- The Stack Pass is the only pass and it’s also a great Triangle Escape
- Everyone always seems to turn the other cheek, to your Crossface
- Scarf-hold is not only a pin but also a submission
- Sweaty-Belly-on-Face is a legit variation of North-South
- Cross collar or Ezekiel from inside someone’s Guard? Sure why not!
- Back takes? Pfft, Side Control is king
- Americana from Side Control is the ultimate submission
- The Kimura is everywhere
- When your opponent closes their Guard, just lay on them chest-to-chest until they suffocate
- Size and Strength can beat Cardio
- You have friends, they just all seem to disappear in between rounds when you’re looking for a new rolling partner…
Like this? Get it on a shirt, mug or something else here. A small percentage of the sales contributes to the costs to maintain this site.