Last Updated on
I know I only released the ringworm guard flowchart a couple days ago but it turned out the Reverse De La Worm Guard Chapter was actually quite short, only about 30 minutes long, hence why I am able to bring you this flowchart so quickly.
Despite the small time devoted to this guard in the instructional Keenan says this is the most powerful of the guards from the worm guard systems and the one he currently prefers to attack from. The subtleness and difference from the ringworm guard is literally in the placement(weave) of the lapel, with the lapel underneath your leg but in front your opponent’s shin. I believe you really want to be fluent in all the worm guards as they all act as different platforms that you can interchange between to launch your attacks from depending on how you opponent defends.
I’m really keen to try out this and the ringworm guard tomorrow when I’m on the mats.
A physical poster of the flowchart can be purchased from Zazzle through this link: here. All purchases through Zazzle provides the website with a small donation to help with hosting costs. Of course you’re also welcome to download and print the flowcharts through any other means as well.
This flowchart has also been compacted down to a single easily printable A4 page. Perfect for lamination and use at the gym. It has taken extra time to compact them and it would be most appreciated if you donated to help maintain the site to obtain them. Donate for an easily printable A4-sized pdf here: Printable Flowchart.
Lapel Encyclopedia Flowcharts:
- BJJ Systems’ Lapel Guard System Flowchart
- Keenan Cornelius – Lapel Encyclopedia – Worm Guard – Flowchart v1
- Keenan Cornelius – Lapel Encyclopedia – Gubber Guard – Flowchart v1
- Keenan Cornelius – Lapel Encyclopedia – Reverse De La Worm Guard – Flowchart v1
- Keenan Cornelius – Lapel Encyclopedia – Ringworm Guard – Flowchart v1
- Keenan Cornelius – Lapel Encyclopedia – Squid Guard – Flowchart v1